[Arabidopsis] How to kill the thrip on Arabidopsis seeds

Dominique Loque via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by DLoque from lbl.gov)
Thu Mar 27 01:52:28 EST 2008

Hi

I have used -80°C for overnight many time and seems working pretty
well. The seed viability was not affected. I have been told that 2h
was enough, but I have never tried.
Good Luck
Dominique

On Mar 26, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Michael J. Prigge wrote:

> I have heard that freezing the (dry) seed in the -80°C freezer
> overnight can kill the eggs without affecting seed viability too
> much.  (I haven't tried it myself.)
> Good Luck,
> Mike
>
> On Mar 25, 2008, at 2:49 PM, Xi Chen wrote:
>
>> Hello the members of this e-mail group,
>>
>> When I grew the Arabidopsis, the plants were affected by thrip. Now
>> I guess
>> the seed may have the eggs of thrip. So do you guys have any good
>> idea for
>> killing the eggs of thrip on Arabidopsis seed? Thanks so much!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Xi

Dominique Loque

Mailing Address:	LBNL