[Arabidopsis] How to kill the thrip on Arabidopsis seeds

Brian Kwan via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Brian.Kwan from arborgen.co.nz)
Thu Mar 27 16:02:56 EST 2008

You could put the seeds in a box with a pest strip. These are available from supermarkets for hanging in cupboards to kill cockroaches, silverfish etc. The active ingredient is often dichlorovos. Also effective in growth chambers for killing aphids.

Regards Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Xi Chen
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2008 4:50 AM
To: arab-gen from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: [Arabidopsis] How to kill the thrip on Arabidopsis seeds

Hello the members of this e-mail group,

When I grew the Arabidopsis, the plants were affected by thrip. Now I guess
the seed may have the eggs of thrip. So do you guys have any good idea for
killing the eggs of thrip on Arabidopsis seed? Thanks so much!

Best,

Xi