[Arabidopsis] How to kill the thrip on Arabidopsis seeds

Jerry D. Cohen via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cohen047 from umn.edu)
Fri Mar 28 14:46:51 EST 2008

I have not tried it with Arabidopsis (only because I never had this
problem), but a very clean way to deal with this is to put the seeds
under a high level of CO2 (from a few pellets of dry ice in a plastic
bag).  Seeds are much more tolerant of elevated CO2 than eggs and other
forms of live insects.  Usually 2-3 days of such treatment works well,
but we have had no problems with much longer times with many kinds of
seeds.  Cheers, Jerry

Thomas Girin (JIC) wrote:
> In our institut we leave the seeds (in 2 bag layers) in the freezer over night, it is supposed to kill all the eggs.
> Regards,
> Thomas.

ÐÏࡱá