[Arabidopsis] Problems with sterility

Pablo JENIK via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by pablojenik from aya.yale.edu)
Mon May 12 16:35:34 EST 2008

Dear colleagues,

I have sometimes encountered fertility problems with my plants, and maybe
somebody can tell me the causes and how to avoid them. Plants are growing in
the greenhouse just fine and then, from what seems from one day to the next,
carpels turn yellow and are very small and sterile. Pollen does not do very
well either, and production of new flowers ceases. It seems to be
environmental, because some times the plants recover and start making good
flowers. Looking at the greenhouse logs I can not find any obvious culprit.
In any case, it is very frustrating, when one's subject of study are
embryos. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Yours,

Pablo

--
Pablo Jenik, Ph.D.