[Arabidopsis] Emergency help-array data for genes not on Affy arrays

Elsbeth Walker via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ewalker from bio.umass.edu)
Mon Nov 10 13:29:03 EST 2008

Dear Arabinetters,

I am writing with a plea for help with a matter that has arisen in an
undergraduate class that I teach at UMass.  Each semester my students use
tools available on the web and some basic wet bench experiments to
characterize the function of an unknown gene.  We have just gotten to the
part of the semester when the students look at publicly available microarra=
data, and it turns out that two groups were assigned genes that are not
represented on the Affymetrics chips.  (This is my fault=97I did not proper=
ly
vet them before assigning them L )

I am hoping that perhaps some of you folks out there have run, e.g.,
Nimblegen array experiments in which these two genes *are* represented.  An
of course,  that you would be willing to share the data on these genes with
my undergrads.  We are specifically looking for normalized (but otherwise
raw) data (so the students can do manipulations on their own) for these two
genes:

At4g03220

At1g19490

Any help you can provide will be *greatly* appreciated by me and my
students!!

Elsbeth Walker

P.S. For more info on the class, see:

http://bcrc.bio.umass.edu/courses/fall2008/biol/biol397a/index.php/Main_Pag=