[Arabidopsis] Plant Ontology Database #1108 Release

Chih-Wei Tung via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cwt6 from cornell.edu)
Tue Nov 11 10:55:38 EST 2008

Dear all,

Plant Ontology Consortium (POC, http://www.plantontology.org) is
excited to announce the release #1108 (November 2008) of the Plant
Ontology Database.  The release notes are available at: http://
www.plantontology.org/docs/release_notes/index.html

In this release, we bring you 13068 gene annotations from TAIR
(www.arabidopsis.org), Gramene (www.gramene.org), SGN
(www.sgn.cornell.edu) and MaizeGDB (www.maizegdb.org), 8558 QTL
annotations from Gramene, 5904 germplasm associations from SGN and
NASC (www.arabidopsis.info).  For genes curated by TAIR and SGN, you
may also find links to their Gene Ontology (GO, http://
www.geneontology.org/) pages through PO browser at http://
www.plantontology.org/amigo/go.cgi

The new ontology files and the database dump are available for
download. Please follow the instructions provided at http://
www.plantontology.org/download/download.html

To submit plant ontology term requests, we encourage researchers to
use SourceForge PO tracker (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
func=add&group_id=76834&atid=835555)

The Plant Ontology Consortium
web: http:www.plantontology.org
e-mail: po-dev at plantontology.org

The project is funded by National Science Foundation, USA, (Grant No.
DBI-0703908)