[Arabidopsis] postdoc position at the CNB, Madrid

Pilar Cubas via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by pcubas from cnb.csic.es)
Fri Nov 21 10:31:14 EST 2008

   Postdoctoral position in plant development
   The Laboratory of Dr. Pilar Cubas, in the Department of Plant
   Molecular Genetics at the Centro Nacional de Biotecnología (CNB)
   offers a 3 year postdoctoral position. Starting date April-June 2009.
   We are studying the genetic control of shoot branching, a major
   determinant of plant architecture. We have characterized BRANCHED1
   (BRC1), an Arabidopsis TCP gene that controls this decision acting
   inside the axillary buds. We have also shown that BRC1 integrates the
   response to environmental and developmental signals controlling
   branching (Aguilar-Martínez et al. 2007, Plant Cell 19: 458-472).
   The postdoc will work in one of the following topics:
   1. BRC1 transcriptional, post-transcriptional and post-translational
   regulation
   2. Identification and characterization of BRC1 target genes
   3. Role of TCP transcription factors in plant growth and development
   Applicants with a Ph.D. in Genetics, Biochemistry or Molecular
   Biology, publications in international journals and a strong
   background in molecular biology, developmental biology or plant
   genetics are encouraged to apply. Please send CV, brief description of
   previous research and names of three references to: Pilar Cubas,
   Department of Plant Molecular Genetics, Centro Nacional de
   Biotecnología. E-mail: pcubas from cnb.csic.es
   Further information:
   [1]http://www.cnb.uam.es/content/research/plantmolgenetics/meristemdev
   elopment/= ).
   Please note that my e-mail address has changed
   Dr. Pilar Cubas Dominguez
   Research Scientist
   Centro Nacional de Biotecnología
   C/Darwin 3