[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral position-Plant Molecular
Genetics/Genomics/Proteomics-Delaware State University
(by vkalavacharla from desu.edu)
Thu Oct 23 09:16:41 EST 2008
Post Doctoral Research Associate -Plant Molecular Genetics/Plant
Currently accepting applications for a Post Doctoral Research Associate in
the Dept. of Agriculture & Natural Resources, Delaware State University,
Dover, DE starting in the end of 2008. Please send an email with a
current CV/resume, and letter of interest to Dr. Venu Kalavacharla (
<mailto:vkalavacharla from desu.edu> vkalavacharla from desu.edu, phone:
General Description of the Job
Applicants for this position will have a Ph.D. in molecular
genetics/genomics/proteomics with advanced experience and interest in
molecular genetics, genomics, proteomics and plant tissue culture.
Experience working with the genetics of plant host-pathogen interactions,
construction of genomic and cDNA libraries, RNA interference is an added
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Conduct plant molecular genetics/genomics/proteomics research and
manage laboratory, greenhouse and growth room experiments.
2. Communicate effectively with faculty, students, DSU Administrators
and professional groups.
3. Provide leadership by encouraging excellence in research,
education and outreach activities that are undertaken by the Plant
Molecular Genetics & Genomics group.
4. Mentor undergraduate and graduate students, technician, and other
laboratory staff in research programs.
5. Serves as a representative for activities of the Plant Molecular
Genetics & Genomics group and promote its best interests.
Individuals in this job may be assigned one or more of the following tasks
on a rotating or as-needed basis.
1. Mentor laboratory research personnel including undergraduate and
graduate students and technician.
2. High school and Community outreach.
3. Research in area(s) of expertise.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be
able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some
other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Research experience in molecular genetics and genomics
2. Ability to work successfully with diverse students and faculty.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
1. Earned Ph.D. level degree and work experience in Plant Molecular
Biology, Plant Molecular Genetics/Proteomics/Genomics/Plant
2. Experience in advanced molecular genetic, genomic and proteomic
3. Not required but added plus: Prior experience in plant tissue
culture, host-pathogen interactions and/or working with model or non-model
plant species, management of laboratory, greenhouse, and growth room
experiments and mentoring students.
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
1. Successful completion of the tasks listed as essential functions.
2. Publication and professional presentations.
3. Lab management and mentoring abilities.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate because of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex or
Venu (Kal) Kalavacharla Ph.D.
Plant Molecular Genetics & Genomics
Department of Agriculture & Natural Resources
Delaware State University
Dover, DE 19901
Email: vkalavacharla from desu.edu
More information about the Arab-gen