[Arabidopsis] Evo-Devo. Faculty Position

Bernard Hauser via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by bahauser from botany.ufl.edu)
Wed Oct 29 11:43:32 EST 2008

Search for a Plant Evolutionary Developmental Biologist

The Department of Biology (comprising the newly merged departments of
Botany and Zoology) at the University of Florida invites applications
for a 9-month tenure-track faculty position in Plant Evolutionary
Developmental Genetics at the level of Assistant Professor, effective
fall semester, 2009. We offer a collegial environment that fosters
collaborative, interdisciplinary research. Individuals examining
plant developmental morphology and its genetic control in a
comparative and/or evolutionary context are especially encouraged to
apply. Instruction at both undergraduate and graduate levels is
expected, including a course in plant anatomy/ morphology, and also
genetics and/or involvement in introductory biology. Successful
applicants must have a Ph.D. and postdoctoral experience. Our faculty
enjoy strong ties with the Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology
Program, UF Genetics Institute, UF Emerging Pathogens Institute, the
Florida Museum of Natural History, and multiple University centers in
biomedical, veterinary, environmental and agricultural sciences.
Applicants should submit an electronic application consisting of a
cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching
interests, and three reprints; please go to
http://www.biology.ufl.edu/search/. Applicants should also arrange to
have three letters of reference mailed to Plant Evolutionary
Developmental Genetics Search, PO Box 118525, University of Florida,
Gainesville, FL USA, 32611-8525. Review of applications will begin on
January 12th, 2008 and will continue until the position is filled.
Our department is committed to diversity as a component of
excellence. Women and members of under-represented groups are
particularly encouraged to apply. The University of Florida is an
equal opportunity institution.