[Arabidopsis] Gel doc with SYBR-safe/Blue-Light --- recommended camera?

yw195203 from ohio.edu via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by yw195203 from ohio.edu)
Thu Sep 11 14:24:26 EST 2008

     Our lab is making the conversion to gel documentation using SYBR-Safe
stain and a blue-light transilluminator. We have a Safe Imager illuminator
(S37102) with a 20x20 cm viewing surface, and plan to get a Spectroline
darkroom hood (GL-1001) with 58mm camera mount. We need to find a good digital
camera with swivel LCD. Any recommendations?

     We would also like advise regarding image printing.
(e.g., inexpensive thermal printer, alternatives to thermal printing, etc.).

Thanks!
Jimmy Triplett
Yunjing Wang
Kellogg Lab, UMSL