[Arabidopsis] Gateway compatible binary vector--RESPONSES to query

Karen Browning via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by kbrowning from mail.utexas.edu)
Wed Apr 15 17:36:41 EST 2009

Thank you for the many replies to my query on Gateway vectors I have
pasted them below as they may be useful to others.  Best, Karen

"You might want to look at the pEarleyGate vectors and see if any of
them work for you. You can get them all at ABRC.
http://www.biology.wustl.edu/pikaard/pEarleyGate%20plasmid%20vectors%20copy/
Table%20of%20vectors.html"

"I have used Gateway destination vector for my experiment published
recently. We have a Gateway LR binary destination vector which carries
gentamycin resistant gene (under 35S promoter) as a marker instead of
Bar gene. If you contact Danny Schnell in UMass,
(dschnell from biochem.umass.edu), you can get a plasmid DNA.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19168645?dopt=Abstract"

" The set of vectors by Curtis and Grossniklaus (Plant Phys 133:462) are
Gateway compatible.  I have a few, but they had us to sign an agreement
not to distribute.  If you get them to agree, I can send you some like
pMDC123" liq from muohio.edu

"Please check the homepage of Karimi et al. at the University Gent in
Belgium. You will find it if you gooogle for Gent and Gateway. They have
virtually everything one may wish for plant-related GATEWAY vectors,"

"check this web page
http://www.biology.wustl.edu/pikaard/pEarleyGate%20plasmid%20vectors%20copy/Table%20of%20vectors.html
these vectors are available at the TAIR"

"I have a pAMPAT derivative with GATEWAY cassette and BASTA resitance.
If you still need one, please contact me, then  could send some
plasmid."Anke.Hueser from uni-koeln.de

"check this site http://www.psb.ugent.be/gateway/index.php"

"you can use one plasmid that had been designed by Richard Curtis
http://botserv1.uzh.ch/home/grossnik/curtisvector/index_2.html
Although most of them are Hygromycine resistant, one is Basta R
(pMDC123). You can order them through ABRC.
For full references: Curtis et al, Plant Physiol 133-pp462"

"Do you want the single gene gateway vector or multigene gateway vector
with herbicide gene. both are available for you from plant systems
biology. its free but they will ask for the shiping charges etc. if you
wont the mutigene gateway vector we have developed another herbicide
gene much effecient than bar.also here you 'll have to search for the
which DONOR vectors you are working on and also the compatible binary
vector."ramu.tiger123 from gmail.com

Dr. Karen S. Browning
Associate Professor
The University of Texas at Austin
Welch Hall 5.248, 24th and Speedway (Overnight Deliveries)
1 University Station A5300 (Regular Mail)
Austin TX 78712-0165

kbrowning from mail.utexas.edu
http://research.cm.utexas.edu/kbrowning/

512-471-4562