[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral Position available

Iris Meier via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by meier.56 from osu.edu)
Wed Apr 15 16:40:00 EST 2009

   POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
   An NSF-funded postdoctoral position is available immediately to
   investigate the function of nuclear pore proteins during the plant
   cell cycle. We investigate proteins associated with the inner and
   outer surface of the Arabidopsis nuclear pore that are involved in the
   Ran cycle, nucleocytoplasmic trafficking, and sumoylation of nuclear
   proteins. Currently, we are most excited about newly discovered
   cell-cycle functions of these proteins away from the nuclear pore. For
   our recent publications see:  Xu et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S
   A. 105(47):18637-42; Zhao et al. (2008) Plant Cell 20, 1639-1651; Xu
   et al. (2007)  Curr Biol. 17: 1157-1163; Xu  et al. (2007) Plant Cell
   19: 1537-1548; Xu and Meier (2008) Trends in Plant Sci. 13, 1-50; and
   Brkljacic  and Meier (2009) Curr. Opin. Plant Biol 12, 87-95. More
   recent, unpublished findings and projects will be discussed with
   interviewing candidates.
   We are located at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. For
   more information on our scientific environment and our research
   facilities, please see: Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular
   Biology: http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~plantbio/plantbio.html;
   Department of Molecular Genetics: http://www.osumolgen.org; and the
   Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Program:
   http://pmbb.osu.edu/index.php; Columbus is a safe and green urban
   center of one million with an international flavor and a pleasant
   level of sophistication.

   To apply, please send a CV, a brief statement of research experience
   and research interests, and the names of three references (including
   address, phone, and email) to meier.56 from osu.edu. Successful
   postdoctoral candidates will have a Ph.D., solid experience in either
   Arabidopsis molecular genetics or state-of-the-art cell biology, and a
   proven record of productivity, as evidenced by publications in
   internationally recognized journals.

--

   Dr. Iris Meier