[Arabidopsis] Binary BAC transformation

liamgtoh moc via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by mocliamgtoh from hotmail.com)
Sun Aug 30 18:45:46 EST 2009

Dear All=2C

=20

I am writing to seek suggestions on transforming Binary BAC (BiBAC or TAC) =
into Arabidopsis.  I need to transform a few BiBAC clones into Arabidospis =
C24 and Col ecotypes hopefully by flower dipping.  Can anyone share with me=
 a detailed protocol for BiBAC transformation?  In addition=2C it will be h=
elpful to know the efficiency of BiBAC transformation comparing with routin=
e binary vectors.  Are there any special strains preferred instead of regul=
ar GV3101 Agrobacteria?

=20

For BAC handling=2C can tri-parental mating be used to introduce BiBAC into=
 Agrobacteria.  If so=2C can I have this protocol as well?

Any suggestions or sharing will be greatly appreciated!

=20

Thanks=2C

=20

Morgan Gordon

=20

Assistant Professor
Department of Biological Science
California State University=2C Fullerton