[Arabidopsis] RNA extraction from dry seed

yuanqing from ualberta.ca via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by yuanqing from ualberta.ca)
Tue Feb 3 19:50:59 EST 2009

Hi,

Most kits do not work with dry seeds, in my view.
I ever extracted total RNA from dry At seeds using the following
protocol and got RNA comparable to young tissue RNA extracted using
Qiagen Plant RNeasy mini kit. Good luck!

Suzuki Y, Kawazu T, Koyama H (2004) RNA isolation from siliques,
dry seeds, and other tissues of Arabidopsis thaliana. Biotechniques
37:542–544