[Arabidopsis] Wanted info on electrical drill for homogenisation in 1.5 ml tubes

P. Rocha via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by procha_ac from yahoo.co.uk)
Wed Feb 4 04:54:40 EST 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am seeking recommendations for purchasing an electrical drill (or similar device) that can be used with plastic "disposable" pestles for homogenisation of soft plant material (usually Arabidopsis leaves) in 1.5 ml tubes.

Ideally the machine should:

a. Be light enough to be used by hand or that can be safely held on a lab stand

b. Allow easy and quick replacement of the pestles (keyless chuck perhaps?)

c. Sufficient torque to do the job (and not easily get stuck as it happens with lesser machines)

If you have personal successful experience with such wonderful tool I would be grateful if you could let me know its manufacturer and model.

Thank you,

Pedro Rocha

procha_ac from yahoo.co.uk