[Arabidopsis] anti-His antibody for plant expressed proteins

Jayanta Chatterjee via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by chatterjee.29 from osu.edu)
Fri Feb 6 16:18:53 EST 2009

Dear all,
Can anyone please suggest a decent anti-His antibody to detect His tagged proteins, expressed in plants (mainly tobacco and arabidopsis)? I have tried a few Anti-His antibody from different sources (e.g rabbit anti-His antibody from Invitrogen and Santa Cruz Biotech and mouse anti-His antibody from Agrisera) but could not get specific any signal for my His-tagged proteins in western blots.  All antibodies, I tried, were giving a strong signal around 37kDa and a weaker signal around 27 kDa; even in wild type, untransformed plants.
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Jay