[Arabidopsis] PhD positions available in Oxford UK

John Runions via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jrunions from brookes.ac.uk)
Tue Feb 10 08:50:28 EST 2009

   Hi Everyone, greetings from Brookes,

   We have three PhD positions open for next September in our group at
   Oxford Brookes University. They come with a bursary of £13,000 which
   is a good deal considering the value of the pound, and fees are paid
   by the University.  Please could you bring them to the attention of
   any of your students who may be interested.

   Our group is Plant Cell Biology:

   [1]http://www.brookes.ac.uk/lifesci/research/groups/cellandmolebio/pla
   ntcellbiology/

   Specific information about each of the three positions can be found by
   following the links below:

   1) Three dimensional organisation of endomembranes during the cell
   division cycle.

   [2]http://www.brookes.ac.uk/lifesci/research/studentships_2009/hawes-e
   vans.doc

   Supervisors: Prof. Chris Hawes and Dr David Evans

   [a great chance to carry out some tomography on our new TEM]

   2) Cell biology of plant reticulons.

   [3]http://www.brookes.ac.uk/lifesci/research/studentships_2009/hawes.d
   oc

   Supervisor: Prof. Chris Hawes (collaborating with Lorenzo Frigerio at
   University of Warwick)

   [we are getting great data lately on this fundamental group of
   ER-shaping proteins]

   3) Exploring the plant nuclear envelope and nucleo-cytoskeletal
   bridging complexes.

   [4]http://www.brookes.ac.uk/lifesci/research/studentships_2009/evans.d
   oc

   Supervisor: Dr David Evans

   [an exciting new area for plant cell biology]
   --

   (Sent from my cra%#y non-Blackberry electronic device that still has
   wires)

   *********************************
   John Runions, Ph.D.
   School of Life Sciences
   Oxford Brookes University
   Oxford, UK
   OX3 0BP
   email:  [5]jrunions from brookes.ac.uk
   phone: +44 (0) 1865 483 964

   [6]Runions' lab web site

   Visit [7]The Illuminated Plant Cell dot com
   Oxford Brookes Master's in [8]Bioimaging with Molecular Technology