[Arabidopsis] Arab-gen mailing list submission

Elizabeth Haswell via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ehaswell from wustl.edu)
Thu Jul 16 09:36:19 EST 2009

A postdoctoral position is open in the Haswell Lab in the Biology
Department at Washington University in St. Louis (see http://biology4.wustl.edu/faculty/haswell/
  for a research description). Several projects are available; each
uses a combination of genetic, cell biological, biochemical, and/or
electrophysiological techniques to study the structure and function of
a family of mechanosensitive ion channels in the model plant
Arabidopsis thaliana.

Applicants with previous plant biology or electrophysiology experience
are preferred.

To apply, please submit to ehaswell from wustl.edu:

1.  A cover letter explaining specifically why you are interested in
joining the group, what skills and knowledge you would contribute, and
what you think we could offer in terms of training.  In addition,
please describe your career goals.

2.  A CV with three or more references and their full contact
information.

3.  A short proposal for a possible project in the lab.  This need not
be detailed, but should indicate that you have read enough of the
literature to be sincerely interested in some aspect of our research,
and that you can think independently and creatively about your work.
This can be part of the cover letter.

Elizabeth Haswell
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biology, Box 1137