[Arabidopsis] A global search for a classic work

K.K.Vinod via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by kkvinodh from gmail.com)
Tue Jul 28 01:02:11 EST 2009

*Dear Colleagues,*
*
*
*I am recirculating this request, because my earlier request had a (gross)
typographic mistake.... Regret for that
**
*
*Kosambi's mapping function (Kosambi, 1944) had almost become synonymous to
marker based linkage mapping  studies world wide. Akin to most of the
classical geneticists,  Kosambi's work also perhaps remained unpopular for
quite a long time till the transition decade of the 20th century. To know
more about D D Kosambi please check
**http://plant-breeding.**blogspot.com*<http://plant-breeding.blogspot.com>
*. *
*D D Kosambi,  basically a mathematician, worked on this classical mapping
function when he was a mathematics Professor at Ferguson College, Pune,
India. The circumstances leading to this work is not found recorded
anywhere. *
*To start with this endeavour, I  was looking for the basic material - the
paper itself. Unfortunately I could not get it so far.  This is a global
request for the paper D D Kosambi had published in Annals of Eugenics. The
citation is, *
*
*
*Kosambi DD (1944) The estimation of map distance from recombination values,
Annals of Eugenics, 12(3): 172-175*
*
*
*This paper may be available in your library.  Please send me a scanned /
photocopy.*
*
*
*With kind regards,*
*
*
*Dr K K Vinod*
*
*
*Senior Scientist (Plant Breeding)
Indian Agricultural Research Institute
Rice Breeding and Genetics Research Centre
Aduthurai 612101
Tanjavur District
Tamil Nadu
INDIA