[Arabidopsis] differential centrifugation of Arabidopsis

simonmi1 from post.tau.ac.il via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by simonmi1 from post.tau.ac.il)
Wed Jul 29 02:49:45 EST 2009

Hi Madlen,
I don't know about P8, but in P1 you should have starch, nuclei and
cell debris and in P12 you should have mitochondria, some plastids and
peroxisomes. Obviously each fraction is contaminated with all other
organelles, its just that each fraction should be enriched with the
organelles you look for. If you need to isolate a particular organelle
such as mitochondria you should spin the P12 in a density gradient
such as percoll.
Hope this helps a bit and good luck
Simon