[Arabidopsis] How to identify a specific metabolic pathway from a list of genes.

Eve Wurtele via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by evewurtele from gmail.com)
Tue Jun 16 12:00:37 EST 2009

Hi Kumar,

Go to AtGeneSearch at MetNet metnetdb.org

Paste in your gene list, you will get a table with info about pathways, GO
terms, regulons membership and more for each gene, plus clickable links to
more info.

Of course, for the many Arabidopsis genes of unknown function, there will be
no pathway listed.

best,
Eve

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 1:04 AM, KKB <kikubh from gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a list of Arabidopsis genes identified from microarray studies. I
> want to find out if these genes are part of any specific metabolic pathways.
> I have been exploring AraCyc of TAIR, but I am not able find a platform
> where I can input any genes that will tell me the related pathway. I will
> really appreciate if you have a suggestion on how to find if any of these
> genes are involved in or are regulating any specific metabolic pathways.
>
> Thanks,
> Kumar

Eve Syrkin Wurtele, Professor
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
2624D Howe Hall, VRAC, Iowa State University,
Ames IA 50011, USA
515-708-3232 (cell)
https://www.metnetdb.org
https://www.metablast.org

A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?" The
bartender replies, "For you, no charge."