[Arabidopsis] How to identify a specific metabolic pathway from a list of genes.

Peifen Zhang via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by peifenz from acoma.stanford.edu)
Tue Jun 16 15:20:23 EST 2009

Hi Kumar,

Have you tried the "Omics Viewers" tool from AraCyc,
http://www.plantcyc.org:1555/ARA/expression.html. The tool is ideal for
displaying quantitative large-scale omics data, such as gene expression,
on Arabidopsis metabolic pathways. For example, reaction steps of
pathways will be color-coded with up or down- regulated enzyme-coding
genes. It allows you visualize and quickly spot areas of metabolism
responding to a particular experimental condition. A tutorial on the
tool is at http://www.plantcyc.org/tutorials/omics_viewer_tutorial.faces.

You can also use the tool to display a list of genes without
quantitative data, by simply making up/providing any data value (i.e 2)
for all the genes on your input file.

There is also a flat file of AraCyc that you can use to look up
pair-wise info about genes and pathways,
ftp://ftp.arabidopsis.org/home/tair/Pathways/aracyc_dump.20090311.

Please write back to us (curator from plantcyc.org) for any questions using
AraCyc.

Regards,
Peifen