[Arabidopsis] Re: request for info on T-DNA orientation

Adrian via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by amovil from gmail.com)
Wed Jun 17 15:15:07 EST 2009

On Jun 15, 7:40 am, "Abo-Ogiala, Atef" <Atef.Abo-Ogi... from forst.uni-
goettingen.de> wrote:
> Please I need answer for the same question:
>
> I want to find the orientation of T-DNA insertion in some mutants of
> Arabidopsis.
>
> Best regards
>
> Atef Abo-Ogiala
>
> PhD student
>
> Büsgen-Institut
>
> Forstbotanik und Baumphysiologie
>
> Georg-August Universität
>
> Büsgenweg 2
>
> 37077 Goettingen
>
> Germany
>
> Tel:  +49 (0)551 - 39 9362
>
> Fax: +49 (0)551 - 39 22705

Depending from which mutant bank you request the mutants is possible
to see the orientation of the insertion on the SIGnAL T-DNA Express
tool (http://signal.salk.edu/cgi-bin/tdnaexpress), just need the AGI
number of the interrupted gene and the code of the mutant. The page
will display the gene orientation on the genome and the orientation of
all T-DNA insertion mapped to that gene. If you have your own mutant
bank generated by T-DNA insertion, to find the T-DNA orientation you
should perform a TAIL-PCR using the T-DNA that you prefer.

I hope this help...