[Arabidopsis] Regarding your question on Agrobacterium transformation

shahzad anjam via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by shahzadbio from yahoo.com)
Tue Nov 3 11:31:52 EST 2009

Hi Ben,

I am writing regarding your question about Agrobacterium mediated transformation. As I have experienced after 48 hours of co-cultivation, the gene expression starts. As soon as the gene enters in the nucleus its transcription starts. Moreover its further expression depends upon the integration position of gene in the chromosome. I have observed that in gene gun transformation, next day expression was observed.
This is my understanding on the topic.

 Regards

Muhammad Shahzad Anjam
Lecturer Biotechnology, Institute of Biotechonology ,
Bahauddin Zakariya University , Multan (www.bzu.edu.pk)
Pakistan .

Contact Details:
Office (Phone) +92(0)61 9210071-4, Ext: 1924, 3900
Cell Phone: +92-333-8174001
E-mail: shahzadanjam from bzu.edu.pk
E-mail: shahzadbio from yahoo.com

      Get your preferred Email name!