[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral position available

Karen Schumaker via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by schumake from Ag.arizona.edu)
Sun Nov 22 13:38:10 EST 2009

I am writing to ask that the advertisement for a postdoctoral position in my
laboratory included below be posted on your site.

I would be happy to answer any questions.  Thank you in advance for your
help.

Karen S. Schumaker
Departments of Plant Sciences and Molecular and Cellular Biology and The
BIO5 Institute
University of Arizona
Forbes 303
Tucson, AZ 85721
(520) 621-9635
http://www.ag.arizona.edu/research/schumaker/

__

A postdoctoral associate position is available at the University of Arizona
as part of a Department of Energy-funded project to study endogenous
programs that control plant growth and development and how those programs
are altered to enable the plant to grow in non-optimal conditions
(http://www.ag.arizona.edu/research/schumaker/).  A major focus of our work
is to understand the roles of the Calcineurin B-Like calcium binding
proteins in the establishment of developmental specificity during
calcium-mediated signaling in Arabidopsis.  We are looking for a highly
motivated individual with a Ph.D. degree and a demonstrated ability to carry
out outstanding research in the fields of plant development, genetics or
related disciplines.  Proven experience with molecular biology techniques
and demonstrated written and oral communication skills are essential
qualifications.  Ability to interact and work collaboratively with others is
also critical. The position is available February 1, 2010.

To apply, send a curriculum vitae and the names and contact information
(address, phone, fax and e-mail) for three references to Karen Schumaker,
Ph.D. (schumake from ag.arizona.edu), School of Plant Sciences, University of
Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721-0036, United States. FAX 520-621-7186.  The
University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer-M/W/D.V.