[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral Position

Isgouhi Kaloshian via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by isgouhi.kaloshian from ucr.edu)
Wed Nov 25 21:06:12 EST 2009

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
Plant-Microbe/Pest Interactions

A postdoctoral research associate position is available at the
University of California, Riverside. Our lab studies the resistance
signaling pathway mediated by the tomato gene Mi-1 against nematodes
and aphids. The project entails characterization of genes involved
during early pest recognition events.  Research opportunities also
exist to participate in identification of aphid effectors.  The
position is available February 1, 2010.

We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a PhD and a
strong background in molecular genetics. Experience in biochemistry
and functional genomics approaches are highly desirable. Oral and
written communication skills in English and ability to interact and
work with others are essential. Prior work with nematodes or insects
is not required.

To apply, please send a cover letter describing research interests, a
curriculum vitae and names and e-mail addresses of three references
to:   isgouhi.kaloshian from ucr.edu

Isgouhi Kaloshian
Professor
University of California