[Arabidopsis] At accessions for T-DNA mutants

smith Chiang via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by chiangscn from gmail.com)
Mon Sep 7 19:08:59 EST 2009

Hi researchers,

I thought that all Syngenta lines (SAIL_xxx) were in the background of
Col-0, which is the same as SALK lines. But recently, I saw from ABRC
website that some SAIL lines are in the background of Col-3. could anyone
inform me the difference between Col-0 and Col-3? Why Syngenta used
different accesions of At T-DNA insertion population? I want to make double
mutants using single mutants, and so hope to get single mutants in the same
genetic background.

Thanks for your reply.

Good luck in your research.