[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral Research Associate on RNA Interference Technology

Hui-Hsien Chou via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by hhchou from iastate.edu)
Mon Sep 7 14:38:38 EST 2009

Postdoctoral Research Associate on RNA Interference Technology
One to two postdoctoral research associate positions are available
immediately for energetic individuals with a firm background training
in molecular biology or biochemistry and a prior PhD research work on
Arabidopsis, C. elegans or other related model species. Special
preferences are given to candidates who have performed RNA
interference (RNAi) experiments on these model species. The annual
salary will be no less than $40K and commensurate with candidate
qualification. These positions are expected to last four years until
August 2013, subject to the continuous funding support from National
Science Foundation (NSF).

The successful candidates will be given the resource and guidance to
conduct research on RNAi transfection technologies. The candidates
will devise more controllable, economical and efficient RNAi delivery
procedures for various model species, and to design and perform
experiments involving RNAi transfections, microarray hybridizations
and qRT-PCRs to validate the newly developed RNAi transfection
procedures. The new postdocs will be members of our new NSF sponsored
project team to develop optimal siRNA design software based on whole
genome thermodynamic analysis. This project will use the novel RNAi
transfection procedures to validate the designed siRNAs in vivo.

For these postdoc positions, applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in
related fields with the preferred expertise as stated above. Use of
computers in solving biological research problems will be an essential
part of the project. Nevertheless, prior experience in bioinformatics
is helpful but not essential - we will train the new postdocs on the
job for using computational biology techniques. To apply, please send
a letter of intent stating your future research interest and also a
curriculum vitae documenting your past experience to Dr. Chou's email
address below. Upon request from us, applicants may be asked to
solicit three reference letters to be sent directly to the same email
address below.

Our laboratory conducts interdisciplinary research, taking advantage
of expertises from both computational and biological sciences, We are
a member of the Iowa State bioinformatics research community and are
affiliated with the Laurence H. Baker Center for Bioinformatics and
Biological Statistics, the Center for Plant Genomes, the Center for
Integrated Animal Genomics and the Plant Sciences Institute. We are
also affiliated with the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Interdepartmental Graduate Major and the Bioinformatics and
Computational Biology Undergraduate Major at Iowa State University.

Dr. Hui-Hsien Chou
Complex Computation Lab
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology
Department of Computer Science
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-3223

Email: hhchou at iastate dot edu