[Arabidopsis] recommend bioinformatics books

smith Chiang via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by chiangscn from gmail.com)
Tue Sep 22 12:08:46 EST 2009

I want to learn something about bioinformatics, can anyone recommend a few
bioinformatics books? I know how to use BLAST, also know how to use a few
softwares like Clustal, DNASTAR, DNAMAN, MEGA, PAUP, etc, and used quite a
few online plant databases (like Genevestigator, Smart, ACT, AtGenExpress,
TAIR, TIGR, etc) for the research, and some basics on R program. I heard
Perl is important for bioinformatics, so it is necearray to master Perl
first? I want to learn bioinformatics so as to utilize so many sequenced
genome info for my own research, not major in in evolutional biology though.
Thanks for your reply.