[Arabidopsis] mystery disease of Arabidopsis

=?gb2312?B?TWFyaWEgVmlyZ2luaWEgR2FycmV0qK5uIFJvZHKoqmd1ZXo=?= via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by vgarreton from santotomas.cl)
Fri Apr 23 13:12:37 EST 2010

Hi,

Long ago we had weird phenotypes speeding in our grow chambers. Finally the whole issue was solved by changing the soil supplier. We did not performed analysis, but apparently the soil was contaminated with something toxic (probably not biological because the soil was sterilized, but chemical).
Hope it help,

Virginia Garret¨®n Rodr¨ªguez
Directora Escuela de Biotecnolog¨ªa
Universidad Santo Tom¨¢s
Santiago, Chile
oficina 56-2-362 4780
Secretaria 56-2-362 4773
De: arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] En nombre de qiudy [qiudy from caf.ac.cn]
Enviado el: viernes, 23 de abril de 2010 3:43
Para: arab-gen from net.bio.net
Asunto: Re: [Arabidopsis] mystery disease of Arabidopsis

Mike,

This phenomenon  is  quite interesting. I have found a similar one in my green house poplar.  If anybody knows what is causing of these symptoms. Is this a useful colour mutant of poplar? Any suggestions to study this plant? Any scentist who is interested in studying this mutant with my lab is warm welcome.Ican send those pics to your e-mail address.

Sincerely,

Deyou
Deyou Qiu,Ph.D£¬Professor
Director, Department of Molecular Biology
The Research Institute of Forestry
Chinese Academy of Forestry
Beijing,100091
CHINA