[Arabidopsis] mystery disease of Arabidopsis

Gillian Dean via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by gilldean from interchange.ubc.ca)
Mon Apr 26 00:10:46 EST 2010

Hi all,

This might be a rather simplistic explanation, but was just wondering if the plants are getting too much light and/or heat? I have seen symptoms similar to this in our greenhouse when we weren’t shading and cooling the plants enough during the hot part of the day - it was a new greenhouse and we took a bit of time to get set up properly.

Good luck, Gill

Dr Gillian Dean
Honorary Research Associate, Haughn Lab
Botany Dept, University of British Columbia
Canada
www3.botany.ubc.ca/haughn

Currently based in Bogor, Indonesia
www.gilldean.com
Tel +62 81 315 228 233

-----Original Message-----
From: arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Rosemary White
Sent: April 24, 2010 1:23 PM
To: Maria Virginia Garretón Rodríguez; qiudy; arab-gen from net.bio.net
Subject: Re: [Arabidopsis] mystery disease of Arabidopsis

We've recently had big problems with Arabidopsis growth - also caused by an
apparently innocuous change in soil medium - the supplier changed their
mixture.  Took quite a while to fix - by changing the soil mix, and still
not sure of the cause.  Have you tipped the plants out to see if the roots
are affected?
good luck,

Rosemary White
CSIRO Plant Industry