[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral Position - Functional Genomics of Chlamydomonas (Photosynthesis / Cilia / Acclimation)

Martin Jonikas via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by mjonikas from stanford.edu)
Mon Feb 15 14:20:36 EST 2010

Post-Doctoral Fellow Position

Functional Genomics of Chlamydomonas
(Photosynthesis / Cilia / Acclimation)

Carnegie Institution for Science, Department of Plant Biology, Stanford, CA, USA

A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Martin
Jonikas at the Carnegie Institution for Science Department of Plant
Biology at Stanford.

Our young lab is developing cutting-edge functional genomics tools for
the green alga Chlamydomonas. We aim to systematically dissect the
genetic and physical interactions of hundreds of target genes. Our
data will open doors to the study of poorly characterized genes with
roles in photosynthesis, cilia biology and more broadly how organisms
acclimate to new environments.

I am dedicated to providing my lab members with a nurturing training
environment. We have several projects available which will introduce
you to next-generation sequencing, high-throughput microscopy, and/or
high-throughput immunoprecipitation/mass-spectrometry. The data we
collect will build a solid foundation on which you can develop an
independent research program. Several of our projects involve close
collaborations with Chlamydomonas expert Arthur Grossman and other
senior faculty, which will provide additional opportunities for
guidance and mentorship.

We are physically located on Stanford campus and have access to many
of its resources in addition to our own. Moreover, Stanford's
excellent location and year-round sunny and warm climate offers a
pleasant setting for work and home life.

The ideal applicant will be highly motivated, have a PhD degree, a
strong academic record, research experience in the biological,
chemical or physical sciences, and fluent English language skills.
Previous experience with plant biology and molecular biology is
preferred.

To apply, please e-mail a statement of research interests, CV and have
three letters of recommendations sent to jonikas1 from stanford.edu.
Informal inquiries are also welcome.

The Carnegie Institution is an equal opportunity employer.

--
Martin Jonikas
Carnegie Institution for Science
Department of Plant Biology