[Arabidopsis] Arabidopsis phenomics resource available

Rob Last via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by lastr from msu.edu)
Sat Jan 2 17:05:34 EST 2010

I would like to bring to your attention the existence of a large set of
publicly accessible Arabidopsis phenotypic data. We have measured a variety
of morphological, metabolite and physiological parameters on several
thousand homozygous sequence-indexed T-DNA insertion mutants, mostly in
nuclear genes known or predicted to encode chloroplast targeted proteins.
The data are in a relational database with tools available to search for
mutants with specific phenotypes or to ask whether specific lines had any
mutant phenotypes. The data are from high throughput screening and are most
useful in generating hypotheses, which can be tested by ordering lines from
the stock center and examining them in detail.

To sign up for access to the database (using Mozilla or Internet Explorer)
go to http://bioinfo.bch.msu.edu/2010_LIMS

For more information about the NSF funded Chloroplast 2010 Project that
generated the data, including detailed protocols, go to
http://plastid.msu.edu/ or have a look at these publications:

*	Lu et al
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18263779?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pub
med.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=7>  (2008) Plant Physiol.
New connections across pathways and cellular processes: industrialized
mutant screening reveals novel associations between diverse phenotypes in
Arabidopsis.

146:1482-1500

*	Ajjawi et al
<http://www.plantphysiol.org/cgi/rapidpdf/pp.109.148494v1>  (2009) Large
scale reverse genetics in Arabidopsis: Case studies from the Chloroplast
2010 Project. Plant Physiol. Early Online (Pubmed ID: 19906890).

If you find these data useful, please let me know so that we can tell NSF.

Best wishes for a great new year,

Rob Last

Michigan State University

lastr from msu.edu