[Arabidopsis] Group leader and postdoc positions in plant sciences at University of Cologne

Marcel Bucher via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by m.bucher from uni-koeln.de)
Thu Jan 28 04:57:10 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,

please take note of the following two offers or visit our homepage at
www.bucherlab.uni-koeln.de:

Group leader position in plant sciences

Position:

We are seeking a highly motivated young investigator who will develop
her/his own independent research and establish her/his own research team in
the BioCentre, a newly established integrative research and teaching
facility for biological sciences at the University of Cologne.

Requirements:

The preferred candidate has a strong publication record with a focus on
plant signaling in biotic/abiotic interactions and expertise in mass
spectrometry. Willingness to submit a grant application (e.g. Emmy Noether
Programme, ERC Starting Grant) is a strong plus. The position will be
endowed with excellent research infrastructure.

Starting date:

The position is available immediately.

Duration:

Five years with a possibility for extension (5 years plus).

Salary:

According to federal guidelines (TV-L E13).

Application:

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, list of publications and the
names and telephone numbers of three references. A research plan indicating
complementarity of the planned research to the research program in the
Bucher lab is requested.

Deadline for application:

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Inquiries and address of application:

Prof. Dr. Marcel Bucher, University of Cologne, Centre for Biosciences,
Otto-Fischer-Strasse 6, D - 50674 Köln, voice +49 (0)221 4702481,
m.bucher from un-koeln.de, www.bucherlab.uni-koeln.de

Postdoctoral position in plant sciences

Position:

We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our research
on the molecular mechanisms in plant nutrient transport and root symbioses.
Our research team is located in the BioCentre, a newly established
integrative research and teaching facility for biological sciences at the
University of Cologne providing excellent research infrastructure.

Requirements:

The ideal candidate has a strong publication record with a focus on plant
nutrient transport and expertise in molecular physiology and plant genetics.
A successful grant application is a strong plus.

Starting date:

The position is available immediately.

Duration:

Three years with a possibility for extension (3 years plus).

Salary:

According to feredal guidelines (TV-L E13).

Application:

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, list of publications and the
names and telephone numbers of three references.

Deadline for application:

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Inquiries and address of application:

Prof. Dr. Marcel Bucher, University of Cologne, Centre for Biosciences,
Otto-Fischer-Strasse 6, D - 50674 Köln, voice +49 (0)221 4702481,
m.bucher from uni-koeln.de, www.bucherlab.uni-koeln.de.

Prof. Dr. Marcel Bucher

University of Cologne

Institute of Botany