[Arabidopsis] Fast Neutron Mutagenesis

Charles S. Gasser via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by csgasser from ucdavis.edu)
Thu Jul 29 13:43:54 EST 2010

Hello Arabidopsis Researchers,
Every few years there is a request for information on where one can
perform mutagenesis of seeds with fast neutrons.  Apparently a Vienna
facility is no longer available, but the Atomic Energy Research
Insitute in Budapest Hungary is still available.  I contacted them
and they charge about 1400 Euro.

I recently learned that the McClellan Nuclear Research Center at U.
C. Davis also has facilities for such irradiation.  The cost appears
to be less than it is in Hungary and the shipping for US residents is
also easier.  They have discounts for U. C. Davis and other U. C.
affiliates, but the service appears to be available to anyone.

If you have an interest in this you can contact:

Dr. Michael Lerche
Academic Coordinator
McClellan Nuclear Research Center
mlerche from ucdavis.edu

I recently met with Dr. Lerche and he was very helpful in planning
for some mutagenesis I want to do.

Chuck Gasser
--
Charles S. Gasser