[Arabidopsis] Postdoc Position

sunxx114 from umn.edu via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by sunxx114 from umn.edu)
Mon Mar 1 17:58:17 EST 2010

Applicants are invited for a postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Dr.
Min Ni at the University of Minnesota, starting date soon or negotiable.
Experience in molecular and cellular biology, genetics, and biochemistry
will be a plus. Our lab is currently focused on two separate research
areas: light-regulated de-etiolation and stomatal opening response and
Arabidopsis seed development. We have identified and characterized a few
key regulators involved in these processes. We aim to study their actions
and interactions with other components in these signaling pathways by using
a variety of tools in molecular genetics, molecular biology, and
biochemistry. The successful applicant will also have an opportunity to
characterize a few more mutants, to clone the mutated genes from these
mutants, and to identify additional components in the systems. For further
information, please visit our web site
(http://www.cbs.umn.edu/plantbio/faculty/NiMin/).
The University of Minnesota at twin cities provides excellent research
facilities and educational opportunities (http://www.cbs.umn.edu/biodale/).
Diverse cultural and recreational activities are easily accessible around
the Minneapolis/St. Paul “Twin Cities” area
(http://www.exploreminnesota.com/home.aspx).
To apply, please send, by e-mail, letter of application, curriculum vitae,
and names of three references (including address, phone, and email address)
to nixxx008 from tc.umn.edu. Min Ni, Department of Plant Biology, 250 Biosci
Center, 1445 Gortner Avenue, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN 55108
(Phone: 612-625-3702). The University of Minnesota is an equal
opportunities employer.