[Arabidopsis] Release of preliminary membrane/signaling protein interactome databases

Wolf Frommer via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by wfrommer from stanford.edu)
Tue Mar 23 11:10:55 EST 2010

NSF 2010 Associomics databases AMPv2 and AMPv3 released

>3.4 million pairs tested
>60,000 putative unique interactions found

using the mating based split ubiquitin system (membrane yeast two hybrid)

If you work on a membrane protein, or a signaling protein that may interact with a membrane protein, you can now search for interactors with your favorite gene.

Please carefully read the disclaimer, this is a release of a quick and dirty data analysis, no warranties and please note, we have even not searched for anything ourselves, so we do not have any idea yet how reliable the data are. You can get an idea by looking at the images of the interaction plates.

We make the ORF clones (Gateway) available through ABRC, where also the kit with the vectors and yeast strains can be obtained. We have not enough personnel to distribute the Nub and Cub clones though - at least not in the moment.
For details, please check out the Carnegie News:

http://carnegiedpb.stanford.edu/news.

From there a link will guide you to the NSF2010 project site and the databases.

Wolf B. Frommer
Carnegie Institution for Science