[Arabidopsis] 2010 MASC report released -Annual report of the
Multinational Arabidopsis Steering Committee now available!!
(by I.Lavagi from warwick.ac.uk)
Tue May 25 07:50:51 EST 2010
Dear Arabidopsis researchers,
The 2010 annual Report of the Multinational Arabidopsis Steering committee
(MASC) has been released. You can view it here:
http://www.arabidopsis.org/portals/masc/masc_docs/masc_reports.jsp# or here:
This year¹s MASC report includes:
* Highlights of groundbreaking Arabidopsis research published in the last
year, including the discovery of the plant¹s thermometer¹, the
identification of a segregating factor in plant asymmetric cell division,
the discovery of the ABA receptor and its mechanism.
* Graphical comparison of the number of publications and patents produced
for the model organisms Arabidopsis, corn, and rice including New! European
Published Applications and Published PCT Applications.
* Descriptions of how basic research in Arabidopsis has led to 'broader
impacts' in the world, such as through translational efforts by biotech
* Tracking of community resources - including full-length cDNA clones, RNAi
constructs, and expression data.
* New! Reflecting on the past 10 years in Arabidopsis Research; a summary
of views from funders and researchers.
* Updates from countries around the world that study Arabidopsis.
* Analysis and recommendations from MASC regarding scientific approaches for
the next year.
More information about the Arab-gen