[Arabidopsis] Re: need citations: TAIR9 (or 10) genes not on ATH1 microarray?

Mitzi via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by mitzi212 from gmail.com)
Wed Oct 13 13:01:53 EST 2010

On Sep 25, 10:10 am, Ann Loraine <alora... from gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for references (published articles, web sites, etc) that
> generated a list of TAIR9 or TAIR10 gene models that are NOT
> represented on the Affymetrix ATH1 (sometimes called 22K) DNA
> microarray.
>
> One example is this article describing the AGRONOMICS1 array:http://www.plantphysiol.org/cgi/content/full/152/2/487
>
> Along those same lines, I'm also looking for analyses of "promiscuous"
> probe sets on the ATH1 array - these are typically probe sets that
> measure expression of multiple genes from the same highly-conserved
> paralogous gene families.
>
> If you or some-one you know has done this kind of analysis, I would be
> very grateful for a pointer!
>
> Just as a side note, if you are contemplating microarray experiments
> using Affymetrix platform arrays, be sure to investigate AGRONOMICS1
> as an alternative to the ATH1 or AtTile1R - seehttp://www.agron-omics.eu/index.php/resource_center/tiling-arrayfor
> further information.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ann Loraine

the folks at TAIR did an analysis in 2009.
results are available at:
ftp://ftp.arabidopsis.org/home/tair/Microarrays/Affymetrix

see:
ftp://ftp.arabidopsis.org/home/tair/Microarrays/Affymetrix/README

hope this helps,

Mitzi