[Arabidopsis] question about shotgun transcriptome assembly and ESTs Web site software

Ann Loraine via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by aloraine from gmail.com)
Fri Oct 22 19:17:08 EST 2010

Dear all,
I apologize if this is an off-topic subject - but I thought that many
of you may have some insights into this topic and would be able to
point me in a good direction.
My lab is finishing up a shotgun transcriptome sequencing and assembly
project of a non-model plant species (e.g., no genome sequence as yet)
and are thinking about ways to display and distribute the data.
One convenient and straightforward way to do it of course would be to
set up a Web site and make it possible for users to run searches on
assembled transcripts (EST contigs) and display annotations.
Rather than build our own site from scratch, I was thinking we might
be able to re-use work that others have done in this area - crediting
them fully, of course!
My question for you is: Have you used a Web site recently to look at
ESTs and EST assemblies, and what did you think of it? Is there a site
that you particularly like and find to be very useful?
Sincerely,
Ann Loraine