[Arabidopsis] Postdoc position

John Vogel via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by brachypodium from gmail.com)
Fri Oct 22 15:43:54 EST 2010

Hi All,

I have a postdoctoral position open in my lab to work on an ongoing
Brachypodium T-DNA tagging project. If you are interested in this position,
please send me a CV, cover letter and contact information for 3 references
by email. The official job announcement is below.

Cheers,

John Vogel

--
John Vogel, Ph.D.
Research Molecular Biologist

Voice: (510) 559 6117
FAX: (510) 559-5818

http://brachypodium.pw.usda.gov/

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service
(ARS), Pacific West Area is seeking highly qualified candidates for a
temporary full-time Research Affiliate for the Western Regional Research
Center, Genomics & Gene Discovery Research Unit in Albany, CA.  Salary Range
of $56,172-$73,019.  The incumbent will develop a population of
sequence-indexed insertional mutants in the model grass *Brachypodium
distachyon.  *This project to develop community resources is part of a
3-year grant funded by the U.S. Dept. of Energy to expand our T-DNA
collection.  Please visit our website for background information
http://brachypodium.pw.usda.gov/.  The incumbent will work closely with a
group of *Brachypodium *researchers working in several areas including
natural diversity (resequencing and phenomics) and the characterization of
cell wall mutants.  The T-DNA population will also be screened for
phenotypes relevant to biomass production.  The ultimate goal of the lab is
to gain the knowledge necessary to optimize grasses for use as an
alternative, environmentally friendly source of fuel.  A Ph.D. in molecular
biology or related biological science is required.  Knowledge of plants and
tissue culture are desirable.  Applicants must be either U.S. citizens or
from a country with defense agreements with the U.S.  (Check our website
http://www.afm.ars.usda.gov/hrd/jobs/VISA/Countries.htm for more details.)  For
more information on the position, please contact Dr. John Vogel at
510-559-6117 or john.vogel from ars.usda.gov.  To apply, print a copy of vacancy
announcement *ARS-RF-11-001* from the USAJOBS Website and follow the
application directions provided.
http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=91641312&JobTitle=Molecular+Biologist+(Research+Affiliate)&q=RF-11-001&where=&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&x=0&y=0&AVSDM=2010-10-22+11%3a10%3a00<http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=91641312&JobTitle=Molecular+Biologist+%28Research+Affiliate%29&q=RF-11-001&where=&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&x=0&y=0&AVSDM=2010-10-22+11%3a10%3a00>
This
position is open until filled or Dec. 31, 2010.  *USDA/ARS is an equal
opportunity employer and provider.*