[Arabidopsis] Silwet L-77 alternative

Enrico Scarpella via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by enrico.scarpella from ualberta.ca)
Fri Oct 22 16:45:02 EST 2010

Hi All,

If Silwet L-77 is no longer distributed in your country; if you cannot
afford or don't want to buy gallons of it; if you, on the other hand,
think the Vac-In-Stuff is too expensive; or you are simply looking for
an alternative: we routinely use Dow Corning's Sylgard 309 (distributed
by Norac Concepts, Inc. in Canada), which slightly outperforms Silwet
L-77 (20% more transformants) in our hands (we use 125 ul of Sylgard 309
in 250 ml of Agro resuspension).

All the best.

Enrico Scarpella
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Alberta
CW-405 Biological Sciences Building
Edmonton AB
Canada T6G 2E9
Email: enrico.scarpella from ualberta.ca <mailto:enrico.scarpella from ualberta.ca>
Tel: +1-780-4922869
Fax: +1-780-4929234