[Arabidopsis] Silwet L-77 alternative

Enrico Scarpella via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by enrico.scarpella from ualberta.ca)
Fri Oct 22 16:45:02 EST 2010

Hi All,

If Silwet L-77 is no longer distributed in your country; if you cannot
afford or don't want to buy gallons of it; if you, on the other hand,
think the Vac-In-Stuff is too expensive; or you are simply looking for
an alternative: we routinely use Dow Corning's Sylgard 309 (distributed
by Norac Concepts, Inc. in Canada), which slightly outperforms Silwet
L-77 (20% more transformants) in our hands (we use 125 ul of Sylgard 309
in 250 ml of Agro resuspension).

All the best.
Enrico

--