[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral Position

Pam Green via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by green from dbi.udel.edu)
Wed Aug 3 13:03:04 EST 2011

   A postdoctoral position is available to study the control of RNA decay
   in Arabidopsis, particularly in response to abiotic stress or small
   RNAs. Approaches will include deep sequencing of the RNA Degradome
   with short or long-read technologies (Illumina and PacBio),
   bioinformatic analysis, and follow-up experiments to investigate
   biological significance.  A few examples are below and full set of lab
   publications can be found under the pull-down menu at
   [1]http://ag.udel.edu/plsc/faculty/pamgreen/index.html
   Our laboratory is located in the Delaware Biotechnology Institute
   (DBI), a state-of-the-art interdisciplinary research facility of the
   University of Delaware. DBI has a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and
   career development activities specifically for postdocs.  Our location
   in Newark, DE, near major cities (Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York
   and Washington DC) and waterways, provides a variety of cultural and
   outdoor activities, a pleasant college town environment, and a modest
   cost of living.
   Individuals with strong molecular backgrounds (in any system), some
   programming ability/aptitude, demonstrated research accomplishments,
   and good communication skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
   Candidates should a letter of interest, CV, and the names and contact
   information for three references to Pam Green, [2]green from dbi.udel.edu
   Also, please let me know if you'll be at the ASPB meeting as we may
   have the chance to interact there.
   German, M.A., Pillay, M., Jeong, D-H., Hetawal, A., Luo, S.,
   Janardhanan, P., Kannan, V., Rymarquis, L., Nobuta, K., German, R., De
   Paoli, E., Lu, C., Schroth, G., Meyers, B.C. and  Green, P.J. Global
   identification of microRNA-target RNA pairs by parallel analysis of
   RNA ends. Nature Biotechnology 26: 941 - 946 (2008)
   German, M.A., Luo, S., Schroth, G., Meyers, B.C., and Green, P.J.
   Construction of Parallel Analysis of RNA Ends (PARE) libraries for the
   study of cleaved miRNA targets and the RNA degradome. Nature Protocols
   4:356-362 (2009)
   Rymarquis, L.A., Souret, F.F., and Green, P.J. Evidence that XRN4, an
   Arabidopsis homolog of exoribonuclease XRN1, preferentially impacts
   transcripts with certain sequences or in particular functional
   categories. RNA 17: 501-511 (2011)