[Arabidopsis] LED lights for growing Arabidopsis

Rosemary White via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by rosemary.white from csiro.au)
Tue Jan 4 17:41:38 EST 2011

Hi Linda,
People here use banks of LEDs for growing various plants, mainly Arabidopsis
and cereals.  They are used mainly to grow plants in specific spectral
environments.  Most of our growth cabinets and rooms have fluorescent
lights, or fluorescent plus incandescent, or metal halide, none have
incandescent only.  If you'd like more info on the LED setup, I can ask that
group when the main guys are back from summer holidays.
cheers,
Rosemary White

Dr Rosemary White
CSIRO Plant Industry