[Arabidopsis] LED lights for growing Arabidopsis

Anne Britt via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by abbritt from ucdavis.edu)
Wed Jan 5 12:48:49 EST 2011

Hi Linda-

Most Arabidopsis investigators use fluorescent "cool whites" to grow their plants, unless they're investigating the effects of specific spectra.  You really, really should do this too- plant physiology is very sensitive to spectrum, and other labs will have a hard time reproducing your results unless you match their growth conditions.  Fluorescents are cheap, reliable, and energy-efficient, too.

good luck,

Anne