[Arabidopsis] GABI-Kat FST database updated

Bernd Weisshaar via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by bernd.weisshaar from uni-bielefeld.de)
Tue Mar 8 07:49:28 EST 2011

Dear Arabidopsis researchers,

just a short note about an update of the GABI-Kat FSTs and T-DNA lines:

- version 24 of the DB data have been released
- data from 71.238 lines with genome hits are included
- 19.907 genes from TAIRv10 have hits
- 13.716 protein coding genes from TAIRv10 have CDSi hits
- we have re-annotated all our FSTs according to TAIRv10
- almost 20.000 new FST sequences have been submitted to EMBL/GenBank in Feb 2011
- 8.646 lines have been donated to NASC
- "new" alleles are available from GABI-Kat (as long as we are funded)

Have a look at
http://www.gabi-kat.de/newsahistory.html
for some more details.

Our current grant from PTJ/BMBF will terminate in June 2011.

Maybe, you could send a supportive Email to us (see signature) which can be used to bolster our extension proposal.

Best regards, Bernd

Prof. Dr. Bernd Weisshaar
Bielefeld University, Department of Biology
Chair of Genome Research / Bio-III
Universitaetsstrasse 25
33615 Bielefeld
Germany