[Arabidopsis] Please Post Job Ad
(by clchiham from ucdavis.edu)
Fri Mar 11 15:14:37 EST 2011
Please post this ad in the Arab-gen digest:
PIPRA at the University of California Davis seeks a highly skilled scientist for a postdoctoral position opening to be filled immediately. The successful candidate will work in a project aimed at genetically engineering alfalfa as a sustainable source of protein for pet and animal feed. The primary research responsibilities include examination of scientific and patent literature to design well organized research strategies. Develop plant expression construct and transiently over express candidate proteins in plants. Purify and characterize recombinant proteins via in vitro digestion assays to determine the feasibility of candidate proteins as pet and animal feed.
Desired qualifications include:
* PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, plant or animal science.
* Excellent communication skills in English to report research data in oral and written formats.
* Strong publication record.
* Laboratory expertise in biochemistry techniques: recombinant protein expression, purification and biochemical characterization and in silico protein design; molecular biology techniques: ability to design and clone plant expression constructs; and microscopy techniques: sub-cellular localization with fluorescent tagged proteins.
* Ability to work independently, prioritize activities and meet research timelines and deliverables.
Interested candidates should send application package to: Dr. Alan Bennett abbennett from ucdavis.edu<mailto:abbennett from ucdavis.edu>. Post doc Job Ad placed on March 11th, 2011.
More information about the Arab-gen