[Arabidopsis] RIKEN-FST lines and their footprints

Joshua Mylne via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by j.mylne from imb.uq.edu.au)
Thu Mar 10 23:22:46 EST 2011

Dear Arabidopsis colleagues,

I am in the process of ordering a (RIKEN-FST) transposon-tagged line, but it appears they cannot confirm the insertion site using Ds-specific primers and primers for the supposed flanking gDNA sequence and so it seems the Ds element might have jumped out at some point in the seeds' amplification.

Does anyone have enough experience with these lines to know how often this Ds element leaves a footprint when they jump? I am trying to decide whether this line is likely still to be a mutant?

Thanks,

Josh

----
Dr Joshua S. Mylne