[Arabidopsis] A question about biotin treatment to plant seedlings

Ann Loraine via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by aloraine from uncc.edu)
Thu Mar 17 19:49:04 EST 2011

Hello,

My lab has observed a dramatic change in transcript accumulation patterns 3
hours after a heat shock. We also observed dramatic changes in splicing
patterns for some genes.

We haven't tested earlier times points via RNA-Seq, but publicly-available
microarray data sets reveal mRNA abundance differences only 1/2 hour after
comparable treatments.

If you can find a microarray experiment that resembles your experimental
design, I would recommend looking at that first because it can give you an
idea of what to expect.

Very best wishes,

Ann Loraine