[Arabidopsis] Dark period - best light wavelength to collect samples without disturbance

Leonor Duarte via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by duarte.leonor from gmail.com)
Sat Mar 19 08:43:54 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm going to do a 24h sampling of Arabidopsis leaves in order to
characterize the diurnal pattern of my gene/protein of interest that
is expected to have a differential response depending on the light/
energy status.
My concern is with regard to the dark period: to collect the samples I
will switch on a dim white light for some minutes, every hour!
I was looking for some green/yellow light ~560 nm as potentially
causing less disturbance... but I'm still not very sure about it.
What type of light have you used in this type of experiments?

Thanks a lot!

Leonor